It’s been two weeks of not writing, of quiet reflection and overwhelming emotions. I’ve been remembering God’s good faithfulness to us, and it’s left me at a loss for words but with plenty of tears. At the right time I’ll be sharing more, but for today I thought I’d keep it light and fun with what I’ve been loving these days.
- Good Earth’s sweet & spicy herbal tea – I had it for the first time this past week, and I’ve had several tea bags a day since I first tasted this perfection of a drink. I’m officially obsessed with it, and thankfully Costco sells it in bulk. PTL! (Drinking it now)
- Brew Tea Bar – I love this place so much I asked the owner if I could interview him for a series I’ll be doing about people pursuing their passions. It’s a local boba place, and it’s hands down the best one in town. Try their sea salt coffee, but really anything there is delicious.
- Holley’s Cuppa – Another local place I’m starting to love. I met a friend at Holley’s second store (The Cuppa), and the first thing I saw was a wall of books. How could I not fall in love with the place? The coffee is on point, and the coziness of the store will make you want to stay there forever.
- I Thought It Was Just Me by Brené Brown – I’ve read 2 of her books already, so I’m rounding myself out with this one. It’s a book on the effects of shame, and I know it’s going to help me understand myself and others better as all her other books have done.
- For those of us who are struggling through the mundaneness of motherhood, this post by my friend Kristen Lunceford is full of truth and empathy.
- For those of us who feel selfish for pursuing our passions, read this post from blogger and author Sarah Bessey.
- Settlers of Catan – I finally gave this board game a chance, and I love it! It has just the right balance of strategy and luck, and it’s perfect to play at a dinner with old or new friends.
- Twinkling lights – just because. Instant delight. I can’t help but smile when I see them.
What are you loving these days?